10 October 2011
So full disclosure, I watched the game on a fairly pixilated iPad screen while in Minnesota.
- So obvious stuff first, Varly was absolutely fantastic. In addition to stopping everything he was supposed to, he had two highlight reel saves. I said it last game, it is certainly nice to have NHL quality goaltending back in Denver.
- I mentioned I thought Landy looked out of place last game - he didn't at all this game. I'm officially retracting my "I'd wouldn't be surprised if he got sent down" statement. (The cap floor makes this difficult to do, anyway).
- Mueller continued to look very wary of any sort of contact. I know that his linemates were in on the game's only goal, but I think his play in particular is really holding the line back.
- I know it hasn't paid off in any goals (some posts though) yet, but Avs defense is throwing a lot of pucks at the net from the blueline. Lots of shots are getting through, too.
- Quincey has looked very good offensively in both games.
- How about the hit Obi put on Chara early in the first??
- McClemment took a god awful tripping penalty about 190 ft from his own net. He continues to look completely out of place on this team in a way that reminds me of another veteran #16 who wore a unipron not too long ago. It looked like he hurt his arm pretty good on a shift right after the Bs pulled Rask...