21 October 2011
- Well, I guess we can put an end to all of that 81-1 and talk.
- You could sort of see this coming. Colorado had been off for a few days and Chicago has a very good team. They really took the game over right after O'Byrne scored and completely dominated the 3rd period until around 5 min left.
- I was really impressed with the Kane at center. I know he didn't end up on the score sheet, but he seemed to have the puck all night long.
- The best Av was far and way Varalmov. Varly did his best again to keep the Avs in it, absolutely robbing Toews and Seabrook in the 2nd with his pad and then flashing the glove to keep Kruger from scoring his first NHL goal in the 3rd - keeping the Avs within one goal.
- Not a great defensive game from Duchene, who lost Toews on the first CHI goal and had the same thing happen to him again in the 3rd.
- After a great opening night, Kobasew has been fairly invisible, and only has 1 assist, even though he is playing two of the hottest Avs right now in Stastny and Jones. Stastny gave him golden chance to score in the 2nd on a pass across the goalmouth and it looked to me like Koby wasn't expecting to get the pass.
- I really like the red bar goal light they've put in the Pepsi Center (vs the small red blub). I remember seeing those in Tampa last year and thinking "well that's a whole lot easier to see".
- Man, Bruno looks weird in a Hawks uni.
- Really interested to see how the Avalanche respond on Saturday night.
|< Prev||Next >|