23 October 2011
- Obvious stuff first: what a game from Landeskog. How many young players would get that chance late in the 3rd and not bury it?
- Incredible pass from O'Reilly on the play. Factor is now the leading scorer on the team with 7 assists.
- Had a great feeling as Lindstrom was skating in to take the 3rd shootout attempt because Crawford had never seen him before. I use the phrase "Player X beat Goalie Y like a rented mule" sparingly, but I think it applies here.
- I think its save to say that this wasn't EJs (and to a lesser extent Hedja's) best game. His giveaway to setup Frolik with Chicago's first goal was absolutely brutal and inexcusable but to his credit, he didn't completely meltdown after the play.
- I thought the Hejduk / Stastny / Jones line was a good move - Kobasew had shown he couldn't play with Jones and Stastny and now you've got a power forward (or the closest thing we have to it) in David Jones with our best pure goalscorer in old man Hejdie.
- That being said, and knowing how solid the O'Reilly line is - where do you put Duchene? He's not going to stay on the on the 4th line - Sacco was clearly sending Matty a message about working harder - which isn't a shock after a slow start and some defensive lapses. He'll probably center Kobesew and Lindstrom in Calgary.
- Only McClemment and McLeod had less time on ice than Dutchy in this game.
|< Prev||Next >|