16 January 2010
My first reaction when I saw the blue jerseys was “we’re screwed.” Maybe they were able to shake the "3rd jersey" curse today. They carried a 2-0 lead into the 3rd, gave up an early goal, but we’re able to avoid giving up the tying goal. This was a huge win for the Avs, especially from a confidence standpoint. The Avs can play with anyone in the NHL when they are on - and they are on right now.
- “Koci AND Svatos are in the lineup? WTF Sacco?!"
- The Avs were just all over the Devils in the first. It was really important to get the 2 goal lead after badly outplaying NJ.
- Galiardi’s goal was soft, especially by Brodeur standards. I’m a firm believer that its nearly impossible to difficult to win games in the NHL when your goaltender gives up a bad goal (unless the opponent's goalie neutralizes it with his own bad goal)
- For the first two periods, the Avs did a great job in their own zone, and even a better job getting shots on net. That 2nd period is exactly how the Avs need to play with a lead.
- The 3rd wasn’t horrible, but there was plenty of room for improvement. At least they were able to give Andy a chance on every Devils shot.
- The Devils did a great job of capitalizing on a bad Avs line change for their only goal.
- What a classy play by Stewart to get the puck over to Wolski for the empty net goal. If Stewart took the shot, we would have had the most goals on the team with 16 (after having only 1 goal after 20 games!). Stewey is a total beast.
Next game: Monday against the Oil at home - 7PM MST.
|< Prev||Next >|