09 February 2010
Earlier in the season, the Avs would have found a way to turn this game into a 5-4 game where Andy would have to make a couple ten bell saves in order to preserve the win. The Avs got up to the 5-2 lead before the halfway point of the game and stayed in control. The SOG for the 3rd period? Blues 11, Avs 10. These kids are staring to figure it out.
- The Colorado Avalanche are tied again with Vancouver for the lead in the Northwest division with 72 points. Vancouver does have a game in hand and even if the Canucks lose tomorrow, the Avs still won’t be in first place.
- 33 shots on goal. Over the last couple of games, the Avs have done as good as they have all season at getting pucks to the net.
- Stastny was a difference maker playing with guys like Svatos and Durno. A 2nd line role might be a better role for him - Duchene is starting to demand that he plays with the team's best talent, and Stastny probably makes less talented / hard working guys much more dangerous because he is such a great passer.
- First star was Brandon Yip with 2 more goals. 11 goals in 22 games. Wow.
- Why isn’t Yip killing penalties? I know he killed penalties at BU and I know the kill is going pretty well, but you’d think he’d at least get a chance.
- Cumiskey has no business playing the point on the PP. (But then again, does any of the Avs dmen?) Still think the Avs should dress 7 dmen and play Liles on the PP… Actually, I think that its about time of the Avs to move Clark and / or Svatos for a dman with a shot.
- McNab and Haynes mentioned there is talk of a 4 min high sticking penalty counting as if it was a major -- that is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. Why not eject players for delay of game penalties, too?
- The TJ Oshie hooking penalty that negated a goal in the 2nd period was a total gift.
- @avalanchetalk Watches film of the opposing backup riding the pine to stay sharp. #whatBudajdoesduringthegame
Next game: at home against Ilya Kovalchuk and the Atlanta Thrashers, 7PM MST.
|< Prev||Next >|