17 April 2010
Well, a disappointing loss, but keep it in perspective. Â The last 1st round series the Avs played in 2008, Avs were up 1-0 in Minnesota, and lost Game 2 in OT. Â That series turned out okay if I remember right - (maybe Iâ€™ll ask my wife).
Letâ€™s look at how the Avs did in 5 things needed to beat San Jose dept:
5. Win Game 1 or 2 in San Jose. Perma-Check.
4. Get production from Yip and / or Stewart. Check. Â Yip with a goal and assist and Stewey with two goals.
3. Contain San Joseâ€™s top line. Check. Â Thornton / Heatley / Marleau. Â No goals for the line - Heatley and Marleau and an assist and Big Joe had two. Â With San Joseâ€™s goals, 16 points were awarded, and the big line only accounted for ÂĽ of those points.
2. Have â€śSpecialâ€ť Special Teams. Not Tonight. Avs went 0 for 5 on the PP, including a 3rd period 5 on 3 with a 5-4 lead. Avs gave up 2 PPGs to San Jose, including the OT winner.
1. Andy. Not Tonight. Â No question he was much better than Nabokov, and he made some gigantic saves, but I canâ€™t put a check here when he gives up a soft goal (SJ's 4th).
A few other thoughts
- Ducheneâ€™s â€śmustacheâ€ť makes Crosbyâ€™s beard look manly.
- Galiardi was absolutely fantastic.
- â€śThatâ€™s why youâ€™re tuned in - to hear Rycroft say something crazy.â€ť Â (Altitude)
- Avs fans, we are lucky to have Mark Rycroft analyzing games. Â A breathe of fresh air in a world full of Brian Engblomâ€™s and Mark Miburyâ€™s.
- But not sure if weâ€™re lucky to have Mr. Dater. Â I got no problem with his blog - actually really good stuff there, required reading for any serious Avs fan, but his Twitter feed has become unbearable. Â Nothing but tweets about awful play by the Avs, guaranteed losses and whining about the refs. Â Sorry, Dater - youâ€™ve forced me to unfollow you.
- If you haven't checked out The Avalanche Guild's live chats, you're missing out.
- See you at the Pepsi Center for Game 3. Â Buying tickets for Game 6 tomorrow.
Next Game: Sunday at home against San Jose, 7:30PM MDT
|< Prev||Next >|