15 April 2010
It was a good night to be an Avs fan. The Avs loosened up at exactly the right time while the Sharks tightened up at exactly the wrong time. Before the series started, I said the Avs had to do 5 things in order to beat San Jose - let’s see how they did in those areas:
5. Win Game 1 or 2 in San Jose. Check.
4. Get production from Yip and / or Stewart. Check. Chris Stewart scores the game winner.
3. Contain San Jose’s top line. Check. Thornton / Heatley / Marleau combined for 0 points and where on the ice when Stewey scored the game winner.
2. Have “Special” Special Teams. Check. The Avs were 2 for 2 on the PK and 1 for 2 on the PP.
1. Andy. Check. He wasn’t spectacular - he didn’t have to be. He looked relaxed, he was very focused and came up huge early when his team look a penalty 28 seconds into the game and then proceeded to give up 6 SOG on that PP.
A few other thoughts:
- I wasn't impressed with Ryan Wilson, he looked out of place.
- How about that hit Cumiskey put on Devin Setogchi? The Cumer Train!
- That torso injury was slowing down Duchene.
- The Avs outshot San Jose 30-26 in the game.
- As expected, they’re already freaking out in San Jose.
- My wife said: "Hey Joe Thornton, Harry Potter called - he wants his invisibility cloak back"
Next game: Friday at San Jose, 8:30PM MDT
|< Prev||Next >|